Vehicle History & Overview
This Corvette is one of approximately 6,500 Indy 500 Pace car replica editions produced for 1978. This reportedly accident-free example shows 81k-miles and is believed to be highly original. The seller states there is minimal interior wear and only one paint chip on the driver’s rear wheel arch. Included records from the seller show a lube/oil/filter service was performed and the radiator fan shroud, mirror gaskets, door handle gaskets, and the rear storage compartment were all replaced in preparation for the sale.
The C3-chassis Corvette was launched in 1968 and was also known as the Corvette Stingray until 1976. 1978 was the Corvette’s 25th anniversary and saw numerous changes, the biggest of which was a “fastback” style rear window. Benefits included better aerodynamics, increased luggage capacity, and better rearward visibility. Metric tires were offered as standard equipment along with a larger 24-gallon fuel tank. Corvettes equipped with the “L48” V8 engine and automatic transmission could accelerate from 0-60mph in 7.8-seconds and achieve a 123 mph top speed.
- Indy 500 Official Pace Car special edition package
- Unique graphics package
- Model-specific black over silver two-tone paint
- Model-specific front and rear spoilers
- Model-specific mirror-tinted t-top panels
- “L48” 350ci V8 engine
- 3-speed Turbo Hydra-matic automatic transmission
- AM/FM radio with optional rear speakers
- Power windows and door locks
- Contoured sport seats
Servicing & Documentation
- The seller spent $2,126.50 on the following services, with a receipt shown below:
- Lube/oil/filter service
- Replaced radiator fan shroud
- Replaced mirror and door handle gaskets
- Replaced rear storage compartment
- Replaced one wheel center-cap
- The seller states there is a paint-chip in the driver’s rear 1/4 panel and the interior shows some wear, pictures of which can be seen in the main gallery.